Kerala Style Minced Fish Recipe – It’s spicy recipe and can be used as a stuffing in Chapati/ Bread/ Rolls/ Puttu (Kerala style steam cake) etc. Fish is boiled and minced first and then add it to the spicy onion tomato gravy which enhances the stuffing flavour. Either fresh boiled fish/ canned fish/ cooked and leftover fish can used to make this recipe.
Kerala Style Minced Fish Recipe | Fish Stuffing for Chapati/ RollsPrint This
- 1. Fish - 1 Cup - Cooked (with salt) and minced
- 2. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 3. Onion - 2 Cups - Chopped
- 4. Ginger - 1/2 Tablespoon - Crushed
- 5. Garlic - 1/2 Tablespoon - Crushed
- 6. Green chilly - 2 Nos - Chopped
- 7. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 8. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 9. Red chilly powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 10. Coriander powder - 2 Teaspoon
- 11. Garam masala powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 12. Pepper corns - 1/2 Teaspoon - Crushed
- 13. Tomato - 1/2 Cup - Pureed
- 14. Fennel powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 15. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 16. Salt
- 17. Coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoon - Chopped (Optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add ingredients 3-7 and salt and saute till the onion become brown.
- Add masala powders from 8 – 12 one by one and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato puree and mix well and cook for sometime.
- Add minced fish, mix well and cook pan covered for 5 minutes in low flame. Add little water if needed.
- Add fennel powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Potatoes can also be added to this recipe.