Kumbalanga Thoran | Ash gourd recipe | Peda | Poosanikkai
Ash gourd has many health benefits like detoxing. Here I'm sharing a simple healthy recipe with Ash gourd in Kerala style.
- 3 cups Chopped ash gourd
- 1 cup Chopped shallots
- 1 cup Scraped coconut preferrably fresh
- 2 Green chilies
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook in low flame with lid on till almost cooked.
- Open the pan and stir fry till water content evaporates completely in medium to high flame.
- Switch off the flame and add coconut oil and keep covered for 5 minutes at least.
- Coconut oil
- Can use onion instead of shallots, shallots make the Kumbalanga thoran tasty.