Cardamom tea recipe | Elakka chaya | Elachi chai recipe
- 2 cup water
- 2 tsp black tea leaves/ powder
- 2 cup milk
- 2 no green cardamom pods
- 3 tbl sugar
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the crushed cardamom pods to the boiling water and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes to infuse the flavor of the cardamom into the water.
- Add the black tea leaves to the saucepan. Let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes, or shorter or longer depending on how strong you like it.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, heat the milk over medium-low heat. You can adjust the amount of milk according to your preference for a stronger or milder tea.
- Once the tea has steeped, strain it to remove the tea leaves and cardamom pods.
- Add the hot milk to the strained tea and mix well.
- Add sugar to taste and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour the cardamom milk tea into cups or mugs.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle a pinch of ground cardamom on top for additional flavor and aroma.
- Serve the tea hot and enjoy!
- Crushing cardamom helps to infuse the flavor easily.
- Use full fat milk for more taste.
- Adjust sugar to taste
Indian tea, also known as chai, is a popular beverage enjoyed by millions of people in India and around the world. Cardamom tea is made with adding crushed cardamom to normal India tea.Cardamom tea is a flavorful, soothing and refreshing drink, often praised for its aromatic qualities and potential health benefits. It is a popular choice in many cultures and is often served with traditional sweets or snacks.