Kerala style Rohu fish curry
Rohu fish is commonly found in rivers in South Asia. Before it was not common in Kerala but now Rohu fish is widely available in Kerala market. It has a soft white flesh and it has good fat in it. Here I'm sharing a common Kerala fish curry recipe for making Rohu fish curry.
- 1 tbls Coocnut oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbls Chopped ginger
- 1 tbls Chopped garlic
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 nos. Green chili
- 1/2 cup Chopped shallots/ onion shallots will be ideal
- 1 big piece Teared malabar tamarind
- To taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbls Red chili powder
- 1 nos. Chopped tomato
- 2 cup Water
- 500 gms Cut and cleaned Rohu fish
- Heat coconut oil in a clapot.
- Splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped shallots, green chilies, curry leaves and saute till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and saute till raw smell subsides.
- Add salt and water and boil.
- Add cleaned fish and cook for 10 minutes in low-medium flame.
- Swtich off the flame and serve with rice.
- Use shallots for better taste.
- Make the curry in clay pot for better taste.
- Keep the fish for few hours in clay pot for better taste.