Angamaly Pork Ularthiyathu | Angamaly style Pork Ularthu Recipe | Pork Dry Roast
- 1. Pork - 500 gms (cut into small pieces)
- 2. Onion - 1 Big (sliced)
- 3. Ginger - 1 Tablespoon (crushed)
- 4. Garlic - 1 Tablespoon (crushed)
- 5. Green chili - 1 Big (crushed)
- 6. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 7. Cashmiri chili powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 8. Coriander powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 9. Garam Masala powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 10. Vinegar (natural) - 2 Teaspoon
- 11. Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 12. Curry leaves - 2 Sprigs
- 13. Salt - To taste
- 14. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 15. Dried coconut slices (thenga kothu) – ½ Cup (optional)
- 16. Shallots (chuvannulli) - 15 Nos (crushed)
- 17. Garlic – 5 Cloves (crushed)
- 18. Chili flakes (chathacha unakka mulak) - 1 ½Tablespoon
- 19. Crushed pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 20. Curry leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Mix all the ingredients from 2-13 together.
- Add the above mixed masala to the pork.
- Marinate – Rub the pork pieces and masala well with hands for few seconds. This will help to get more flavour to the pork.
- Rest it for 30 minutes.
- Cook/ pressure cook the marinated pork. If pressure cooking – no need to add water, cook in low flame around 30 minutes. Else if cooking in a pot/ pan, sprinkle some water for cooking.
- After cooking the pork, reduce the gravy over flame (Pork Ularthu is a dry version) and keep it aside.
- Heat another pan, add coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot – add coconut slices, crushed shallots and garlic sauté till light brown color.
- Then add chili flakes, crushed pepper and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the cooked pork and mix well.
- Sauté the pork in the pan for few minutes or till the roasted consistency we want and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.
- Add the chili flakes and crushed pepper as per your heat level.
- Pork recipes should always serve hot.
- Pork should be cooked well because of the medical reasons.
- Include pork fat also while cooking pork for a scrumptious Pork Ularthu.
- Appam/ Porotta/ Chapati/ Dosa/ Kappa
- Rice + Moru curry
- Rice + Angamaly Manga Curry