Mushroom pepper fry is easy to make and delicious.
How to make the best Mushroom pepper fry
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making the best mushroom pepper fry
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready in: 15 min
Cuisine: Veg side dishes
- Sliced button mushroom – 200 gm
- Sliced onion – 1 medium
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Pepper corns – 3/4 teaspoon
- Garlic – 3 small cloves
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Cook sliced mushroom, slices onion, turmeric powder and salt on a low flame, pan covered. Stir in between, no need to add water as mushroom and onion release water while cooking.
- Crush peppercorns and garlic well.
- When water almost absorbed, add curry leaves and crushed peppercorns & garlic.
- Keep it covered and cook till the water is fully absorbed.
- Add coconut oil when the water is fully absorbed and mushroom is cooked well.
- Stir fry on low flame till the raw smell of garlic subsides.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Don’t add water while cooking mushroom as mushroom and onion release water while cooking on low flame.
- Fresh peppercorns are best but you can use pepper powder also.
Variations you can try
- You can use other mushroom varieties like oyster mushroom, milky mushroom etc too for this recipe.
Storage/ Serving tips
- Serve warm.
Best serving combos/ eating suggestions by Anishya
- Indian breads or any breads
- As a diet meal
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!