Chicken and mutton liver fry recipes can be made with this same simple liver pepper fry recipe.
How to make the best chicken/ mutton liver fry
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making the best chicken/ mutton liver pepper fry
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Cuisine: Non veg recipes
- Chicken/ mutton liver – 500 gms
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sliced onion – 1 medium
- Water – 2 cups + 1 cup
- Black pepper – 1 to 1.5 tablespoon (adjust to taste)
- Medium garlic cloves – 10 nos.
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Fennel powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Boil washed chicken liver with extra water for 5 minutes in an open pan.
- Drain and discard the water.
- Add chopped onion to the boiled liver with 1 cup water. Cook in low flame, pan covered till water is almost absorbed. Stir in between.
- Crush black pepper and garlic cloves and add to the boiled liver with salt.
- Keep the pan closed while cooking and open it when water is fully absorbed.
- Add coconut oil, curry laves and fennel powder and fry the liver pieces for few minutes and serve.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Don’t over cook the liver pieces as it turns hard.
- Use an iron pan to cook liver fry as it increases the iron content.
- Add salt later while cooking, adding salt early will make the liver hard.
- Use garlic cloves with just one layer of skin removed for more flavor. Still you can use fully peeled garlic also.
Variations you can try
- You can use any liver of your choice, chicken liver, mutton liver, beef liver etc.
Storage/ Serving tips
- Serve warm.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- Indian breads or any breads