Moringa leaves omelette is very easy to make and a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
How to make the best healthy Moringa leaves omelette
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making a healthy moringa leaves omelette
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 4 min
Ready in: 10 min
Cuisine: Healthy breakfast
- Moringa leaves – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Chopped shallots – 2 tablespoons
- Green chili – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Scraped coconut – 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Crushed pepper – a pinch
- Gingelly oil – 1 teaspoon
- Wash and clean moringa leaves first and collect only tender leaves and stems. Discard the hard stems.
- Beat eggs with all other ingredients till fluffy.
- Heat gingelly oil or coconut oil in a pan and pour the egg mixture.
- Cook the omelette in low flame till done. If you want you can flip and cook both sides.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Use only tender leaves and stems. Discard the hard stems and yellow leaves.
- Wash the moringa leaves before plucking it from the stem, else the moringa leaves will stick to each other while washing.
- Gingelly oil is the best for this recipe. If not available use coconut oil or any other healthy oils.
- Don’t eat moringa leaves in large quantity it may cause stomach illness.
Variations you can try
- You can make scrambled eggs with moringa leaves with the same recipe.
- You can try this recipe without coconut also.
- Serve immediately or the same day.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- As a breakfast
- With rice
- Chapati/ Roti
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!