Kids’ lunch boxes should be colorful and nutritious. Here I’m sharing a basic kids bento lunch box idea.
How to make a colorful bento lunch box for kids
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making a healthy Peanut butter
- Cooked chapati/ roti/ tortilla wrap – 1 no.
- Homemade peanut butter – 1.5 tablespoon
- Ripe banana – 1 no.
- Vegetables of choice – carrot, cucumber and cherry tomato
- Fruits – strawberries and blue berries
- Spread the peanut butter over the chapati evenly.
- Place the ripe plantain on it and roll tightly. Peanut butter will act as a glue to stick the chapati.
- Cut the roll into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange the cut roll pieces in a bento box/ lunch box.
- Arrange carrot sticks, cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange strawberries and blueberries.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- You can include any colorful vegetables and fruits of your choice.
- Use well ripe banana, so no extra sweetener is needed.
Variations you can try
- Instead of peanut butter you can add almond butter or cashew butter.
- You can add some healthy dips for the vegetables.
- You can make everything in advance previous night. But check whether the chapati/ roti/ tortilla wrap used in the recipe is not getting hard while keeping in the refrigerator.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- With your favorite fruit juice or smoothie.