The best classic guacamole recipe is made by the right ripened avocados. When you press the avocado it should form a dent but not a deep one.
How to make the best healthy guacamole recipe
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making healthy guacamole recipe.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 0 min
Ready in: 10 min
- Ripe avocado – 1 no.
- Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped onion – 2 tablespoons (rinsed in cold water)
- Chopped tomato – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped chili – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- Scoop out the avocado from the skin.
- Add lemon juice and salt, mash with a fork till soft.
- Add onion, tomato, chili and cilantro.
- Combine everything and keep it in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Use it cold with baked chips or nachos.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Use well ripe avocados. Press the avocados if it forms a dent it’s well ripened. Avoid using over ripe avocados.
- Rinse sliced onion in cold water to avoid the pungent taste.
Variations you can try
- You can avoid tomato and make a plain guacamole also.
- Adding bacon, pomegranate seeds for a versatile guacamole.
- You can use jalapenos or normal chili. Adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- Store the guacamole dip in fridge for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
- Not recommended to store it in fridge or in normal temperature for a long time.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- Use it as a dip for baked chips/ nachos.
- Use it in sandwiches.