Avocado tuna salad is rich with the well ripened avocados and crunchy with onion.
How to make healthy avocado tuna salad
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making healthy avocado tuna salad.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 0 min
Ready in: 10 min
- Diced well ripened avocado – 1 no.
- Diced small English cucumber -1 no.
- Halved cherry tomatoes – 10 nos or diced normal tomato – 1 medium
- Sliced onion – 1 small (Rinsed in cold water)
- Tuna – 1 small can, drained
For salad dressing
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tablespoons
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – To taste (check the salt content in the tune if it’s a canned one)
- Combine all the vegetables with tuna.
- Make the salad dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro and black pepper.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad.
- Enjoy your salad.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Use well ripe avocados. Press the avocados if it forms a dent it’s well ripened. Avoid using over ripe avocados.
- If needed, adjust the dressing ingredients to taste.
- Check the salt of the drained tuna, add more if necessary for the salad.
- Rinse sliced onion in cold water to avoid the pungent taste.
Variations you can try
- You can add boiled eggs to the salad.
- Olives in brine are also a good combination with this salad.
- I’m using canned tuna, you can use normal tuna also.
- Better serve immediately.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- As a sandwich filling or eat the avocado tuna salad as is.