Roasted peanut is a popular South Indian beach side snack. Traditionally peanut roast is made in iron kadai by heating sand. I wanted to try peanut roast but I have no sand at home to try it. So I decided to make peanut roast in my air fryer. And it was a huge success, my kitchen smelled with the nicely roasted peanuts.
How to make raw peanut roast in air fryer
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making easy papaya banana smoothie.
- Raw peanut – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon or to taste
- Wash and strain raw peanuts.
- Add salt to the wet peanuts and combine well.
- Evenly spread the salted peanut in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes in 180 degree celsius.
- Peanut roast is ready, but it will be chewy.
- Keep the peanuts in open air till it cools down to room temperature.
- It will become firm and crispy in room tempearature.
- Store it in an air tight container and use.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Wetting peanuts will help to coat salt evenly on peanuts.
- Also wetting helps to cook the peanuts evenly.
Variations you can try
- You can add some chili powder with salt for a spicy peanut roast.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- Tea or coffee