Adding raw food or salads is very good for our health. This carrot thoran salad is an innovative recipe by me :). We we make Kerala style thoran with the same recipe so I thought why can’t we eat it raw rather than killing nutrients while heating up the carrot.
This crunchy carrot salad is healthy and tasty too. It can be consumed as it is or as a side dish for bread, roti, rice, non veg etc. If you want to cook it you can cook it and make it as a thoran too.
How to make raw carrot thoran salad
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making easy papaya banana smoothie.
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 0 min
Ready in: 5 min
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Chopped green chili – half
- Chopped curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Combine all ingredients together.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Add freshly grated coconut for more taste.
Variations you can try
- You can add grated raw beetroot also along with carrot.
- You can cook this salad and it will become Kerala style thoran.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- Roti/ Chapati
- Grilled fish/ chicken
- Serve it as it is.