Papaya lassi is made with ripe papaya and yogurt flavored with cardamom powder. It’s an Indian version of papaya smoothie.
How to make the best healthy papaya lassi
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making healthy papaya lassi/ papaya smoothie.
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 0 min
Ready in: 5 min
- Diced ripe papaya – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sweetener – any, to taste (check the tips)
- Water (optional)
- Mix papaya, yogurt and cardamom powder and blend well. Check the tips for more info.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- If you are using well ripe papaya, you can avoid adding any sweetener to make it a less calorie drink.
- You can add honey as sweetener, but Ayurveda doesn’t recommend yogurt and honey combination. So don’t use yogurt and honey combination regularly in your diet.
- Add water according to the consistency you want. This papaya lassi can be served to 2 people.
Variations you can try
- You can add few drops of pure vanilla extract instead of cardamom powder.
- Better serve immediately or just chill for few hours and serve.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- You can pair it with any healthy snacks of your choice.