Healthy mayonnaise recipe is made with cashew nuts with less oil. I’m using olive oil for this recipe for make it more healthy. We all like to enjoy mayonnaise, what about a guilt free healthy mayonnaise.
How to make the best healthy mayonnaise for weight loss
Here I’m explaining the ingredients and method of making healthy cashew mayonnaise recipe.
- Plain cashew nuts – 20 nos.
- Garlic – 1 tiny clove
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard powder – a pinch
- Chili flakes – a dash
- Pepper powder – a dash
- Salt – a pinch
- Soak cashews for about 6-8 hours.
- Grind the soaked cashews till smooth.
- Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, mustard powder, chili flakes, pepper powder and salt.
- Grind everything again to a smooth consistency.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- Use apple cider vinegar only for that original mayonnaise recipe. Apple cider vinegar with mother is the best healthy option.
- Use a pinch of mustard powder only, else the taste won’t be good.
- Sweetness from honey and spiciness from the chili flakes and pepper powder make it a perfect healthy mayonnaise.
- Soak cashew nuts for maximum 8 hours (not infridge), else the cashew nuts become spoilt.
Variations you can try
- You can use any other flavorless healthy oils instead of olive oil.
- For instant cashew mayo you can soak the cashews in hot water for 10 minutes. But the 6-8 hours soaking in normal water method is the best method.
- You can store the dip in fridge in 1-2 days only, better serve immediately.
Best serving combos suggested by Anishya
- For healthy salads
- As a dip for baked chips
- As a dip for crunchy fresh vegetables and fruits