Special naadan beef roast | Kerala style special beef roast recipePrint This
- 1. Beef - 500 gms (Medium size pieces)
- 2. Onion - 1 Small (Chopped)
- 3. Green chillies - 2 Small (Crushed)
- 4. Curry leaves - 2 Sprigs
- 5. Ginger paste - 1 Tablespoon
- 6. Garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- 7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 8. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 9. Red chilli powder - 1.5 Teaspoon
- 10. Pepper powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 11. Garam masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 12. Salt - To taste
- 13. Vinegar - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 14. Coconut oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- To roast
- 15. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 16. Dried red chillies - 3 Nos (Whole/ broken)
- 17. Shallots - 20 Nos (Chopped) - Chuvannulli
- 18. Curry leaves - 2 Sprigs
- 19. Fennel seed powder - 1/2 Teaspoon (Perum jeeraka podi)
- 20. Crushed Pepper corns - 1 Teaspoon
- To garnish
- 21. Coriander leaves - A small bunch (Chopped)
- 22. Midly spiced green chillies - 2 Nos (Sliced)
1. Mix ingredients 1- 14 well (with hands) and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Pressure cook in low flame about 30 minutes without adding water. Add required water if cooking in a normal pan.
3. There may be extra water after cooking. If so heat up the cooked beef and reduce the gravy (water) till dry.
4. Also check if the beef is cooked well. If not, pressure cook for some more time. (Cooking time may be different for the type of beef).
5. Stir occasionally while reducing the gravy. The thick gravy may stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
6. When the beef gravy is dry, heap up coconut oil in another pan.
7. Add dry red chillies and roast for sometime.
8. Add chopped shallots and curry leaves and saute till light brown color.
9. Add cooked beef and mix.
10. Roast the beef on low flame.
11. Stir occasionally as the beef roast may stick on the bottom of the pan.
12. Add fennel seed powder and crushed pepper and mix well.
13. Roast the beef till getting brown color. Add little more coconut oil if required.
14. Add coriander leaves and green chilli and stir well and switch off the flame.
15. Special beef roast is ready to be served.