If you want to eat eggs in a vegan way it’s a perfect recipe for you.
This omlette is made in Kerala style Omlette. In Malayalam Motta Porichathu or Mutta Porichathu.
When I made it, my home smelled like I’m making a real egg omelette.
You can eat this omelette as it is or with some sauces or even with rice.
Vegan omelette | Vegetarian omelette | Kerala style Omelette without eggs
- 1. Chickpea flour/ Gram flour / Besan - 1/2 Cup
- 2. Chopped Shallots/ Onion - 2 Tablespoon
- 3. Chopped Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- 4. Chopped Green chili - 1 Teaspoon
- 5. Curry leaves - 1 Sprig
- 6. Salt - To taste
- 7. Chili flakes/ Pepper powder - A Pinch
- 8. Baking powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 9. Scraped coconut - 2 Tablespoon (optional)
- 10. Water - 1/2 Cup approx
- Combine all ingredients into a smooth consistency.
- Whisk well without lumps till smooth consistency.
- Keep it covered for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a Tawa and grease with coconut oil.
- Pour the batter, spread lightly.
- Cook one side in medium flame.
- Flip over ad cook other side.
- Transfer to a plate once cooked.
- Serve hot.