Hello everyone, let’s have make a quick Payyoli Chicken Fry for this Christmas. ‘Payyoli’ is a place in Kerala and this chicken fry is named after that place. This chicken fry is simple yet tasty with fried coconut and curry leaves along with.
Payyoli Chicken Fry | Crispy Kerala Chicken Fry | Thattukada Chicken Fry
1. Chicken pieces - 500 gms
2. Cashmiri chili - 12 Nos
3. Ginger - 1 Big piece (or 2 Tablespoon crushed)
4. Turmeric powder - 1/8 Teaspoom
5. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
6. Garam masala - 1 Teaspoon
7. Fennel powder - 1 Teaspoom
8. Lemon juice/ Vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
9. Freshly scraped coconut - 1/2 Cup
10. Curry leaves - 5 Sprigs
11. Green chili - 5 Nos (slitted)
13. Coconut oil - To deep fry
1. Soak cashmiri chili in hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Make a paste with ingredients 2 – 8.
3. Marinate the chicken with the 3/4 of the masala paste. Keep it for 1 hour.
4. Mix rest of the masala paste with coconut and keep aside.
5. After one hour, heat coconut oil in a pan and fry Curry leaves and green chilies. Take it out from oil and keep aside.
6. Fry the chicken pieces in same oil. Shallo fry or deep fry will work but better deep frying.
7. After frying all chciken pieces add the marainated coconut and fry till crispy.
8. Serve the chicken fry with fried crurry leaves, green chilies and fried coconut on top.