Pathal is a quick breakfast recipe made with raw rice.
- Chicken roast
- Beef roast
- Fish curry
Pathal | Kerala Style Rice Pan CakePrint This
- 1. Raw rice (പച്ചരി) - 1 Cup
- 2. Coconut - 1/2 Cup - Grated
- 3. Shallots - 1 Tablespoon - Chopped
- 4. Cumin seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 5. Salt - As required
- Soak rice overnight or at least for 3 hours.
- Grind all ingredients together except salt with 3/4 cup of water.
- Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- After that add salt and mix well.
- Heat a tawa/ pan. Grease the tawa if necessary.
- Pour the batter on the tawa without spreading.
- When one side is cooked flip to other side and cook till done.
- Repeat this process till the batter finishes.
• No need to ferment the batter like normal “Appam” recipe. • No need to make the Pathal brown color. • No need to spread the batter after pouring on the hot pan.