Mutta Porichathu – Quick and easy Kerala style spicy omelette with grated coconut. Mutta porichathu is good to have with rice as a side dish but it can be eaten as a breakfast item too.
This is a quick tasty recipe if there’s no vegetables left or you are really hungry. ?
Here I’m using green chilly for hotness but chilly powder can also be added.
- Rice + Chammanthi + Pickle
- Rice + Moru
Mutta Porichathu | Kerala Style OmelettePrint This
- 1. Egg - 1 No
- 2. Coconut - 2 Tablespoon (Freshly grated coconut)
- 3. Shallots - 1 1/2 Tablespoon - Finely chopped
- 4. Ginger - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 5. Green Chilly - 1 Teaspoon - Finely chopped
- 6. Curry Leaves - 1 Stem
- 7. Salt
- 8. Oil
- Break the egg into a bowl.
- Add 2 – 7 ingredients to the egg.
- Beat with a fork/ spoon until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat some oil in a tava/ pan over medium heat and spread all over the pan. (Coconut oil is preferred)
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Cook until the omelette is firm on the bottom.
- Gently flip the omelette with a spatula to the other side.
- Keep cooking till other side is firm.
- Slide the omelet into a serving plate.