Kovaykka Mezhukkupuratti – Kerala Style Ivy Gourd Roast is a best option for Kerala style lunch and for Pothichor (Rice wrapped in banana leaf).
- Rice + Chammanthi
Kovaykka Mezhukkupuratti | Kerala Style Ivy Gourd RoastPrint This
- 1. Ivy Gourd - 250 gms - Cut lengthwise or sliced (Kovaykka)
- 2. Green chilly - 3 Nos - Slitted (Pachamulak)
- 3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon (Manjalpodi)
- 4. Curry leaves - 1 Stem (Curry veppila)
- 5. Salt - As required
- 6. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- In a covered pan cook ingredients 1- 5 with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add coconut oil when the Ivy gourd is almost cooked and saute till all the side of the Ivy gourd become light brown color.
• Half teaspoon of red chilly powder and a small onion also ca be added in this recipe. • Kovaykka Mezhukkupuratti tastes best if it is roasted in coconut oil in low flame for more time till it become slightly crispy outer side. • Use tender Ivy gourd for better taste. Avoid Ivy gourd which is red inside.