Pepper Garlic Chicken Roast – Chicken roast flavoured with crushed pepper, garlic and coriander leaves.
Kerala Style Pepper Garlic Chicken RoastPrint This
- 1. Chicken - 500 Gms - Cut into medium size
- 2. Shallots - 2 Cups - Chopped / Onion
- 3. Green chilly - 2 Nos - Slitted
- 4. Curry leaves - 2 Springs
- 5. Pepper powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 6. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 7. Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 8. Pepper corns - Coarsely ground - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 9. Garlic - 5 Cloves - Medium size - Slightly crushed with the peel
- 10. Coriander leaves - 1/4 Cup - Chopped
- 11. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 12. Salt
- Heat oil in a pan and fry shallots, green chillies and curry leaves with salt till the shallots become brown.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and saute till the raw smell vanished.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and cook pan covered, without adding water in a low – medium flame.
- When chicken is almost cooked add crushed pepper and crushed garlic and cook till the gravy become dry.
- Add coriander leaves, mix gently and switch off the flame. Serve hot.