Kerala Style Padavalanga/ Snake gourd Thoran/ Poriyal Recipe – It’s a Kerala style thoran recipe made from fresh chopped snake gourd. Padavalanga/ Snake gourd flavoured with fresh cumin, garlic, grated coconut and mustard tempering.
Another method for cooking Kerala style padavalanga thoran is given in this recipe. https://anishyaskitchen.com/recipe/padavalanga-thoran-snake-gourd-thoran/. Both versions are good and give authentic Kerala taste.
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish curry
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish fry
- Rice + Moru curry
Kerala Style Padavalanga Thoran | Snake Gourd Thoran RecipePrint This
- 1. Snake gourd - 2 Cups - Chopped/ Diced
- 2. Onion - 1 Cup - Chopped
- 3. Coconut - 1/2 Cup - Grated
- 4. Green chilly - 2 Nos
- 5. Turmeric powder - 1/8 Teaspoon
- 6. Cumin seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 7. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 8. Salt
- For tempering
- 9. Coconut oil - 1 1/2 teastpoon
- 10. Mustard seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 11. Dried red chilly - 1 No - Broken
- 12. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- Crush ingredients from 3 – 6.
- Mix crushed ingredients, snake gourd, onion, curry leaves and salt with hand and cook till done.
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds and add remaining tempering items and fry for sometime.
- Pour the tempering over the cooked vegetables and serve.