Mutta Avial – Traditional Avial is made with vegetables only. Mutta avial is a non veg avial made with hard boiled eggs flavored with raw coconut oil.
- I’m not adding other vegetables like drumsticks, cucumber, carrot etc as these vegetables over power eggs’taste.
Written Recipe here
Kerala Style Mutta Aviyal | Egg Aviyal/ AvialPrint This
- 1. Egg (hard boiled and cut) - 4 Nos
- 2. Potato (cut thick length wise)- 3 Small
- 3. Onion (sliced) - 1 No
- 4. Tomato (sliced) - 1 No
- 5. Green chillies (sliced) - 4 Nos
- 6. Curry leaves - 2 Stems
- 7. Coconut (scraped) - 1 Cup
- 8. Cumin Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 9. Garlic - 1 Clove
- 10. Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 11. Chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 12. Salt - As required
- 13. Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Coarsely grind ingredients 5 to 10.
- In a pan mix potato, onion, green chillies, 1 stem curry leaves, ground paste and hard boil egg pieces.
- Cook the mixture with 1 cup of water in a low flame with the pan covered. Gently stir the Avial now and then without breaking the egg pieces.
- Add cut tomatoes when the Avial is 80% cooked.
- Cook with the pan covered till all potato pieces are well cooked.
- After cooking add 1 stem curry leaves and coconut oil and mix gently.
- Switch off the flame and keep the pan covered for at least 10 minutes to get a nice flavour of coconut oil and curry leaves.