Coconut chutney – It’s the main Kerala side dish served with Dosa (Breakfast made with rice and black gram), known as “Thenga Chammanthi” in malayalam.
There are many recipes to make coconut chutney. But this is my mother’s version which I love it very much. ?
The texture of this chutney is very smooth. Unlike common chutneys, no tangy ingredients are added in this but ginger and shallots together impart the special flavour.
Ginger Coconut ChutneyPrint This
- 1. Coconut - 1 Cup - Grated
- 2. Ginger - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 3. Shallots - 1/4 Cup - Chopped
- 4. Red chilly powder - 1 Tablespoon
- 5. Salt - As required
- 6. Water - 3/4 Cup
- For tempering
- 7. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 8. Curry leaves - 1 Spring
- 9. Shallots - 1 Teaspoon
- 10. Coconut oil
- Make a fine paste of ingredients 1 – 6.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add shallots and curry leaves and fry till shallots become light brown color.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney.