Dry Coconut Chutney – It’s a good combination with Kerala Appam.
Kerala Chammanthi for Appam | Dry Coconut ChammanthiPrint This
- 1. Coconut - 1 Cup - Grated
- 2. Shallots - 4 Nos - Chopped
- 3. Red chilly powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 4. Salt
- --- For tempering ---
- 5. Coconut oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 6. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 7. Dry red chilly - 3 Nos - Cut into 2-3 pieces
- 8. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- Coarsely grind ingredients 1-4 without adding water – Just crush.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dried red chillies and curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add ground coconut and mix well and saute for some time in medium flame with out burning the coconut. (Around 1 minute)
- Switch off the flame.
Coconut should not be very dry while roasting.