Kizhangu Thoran – Potato cooked with grated coconut without any masala. Coconut and coconut oil alone giving the flavouring.
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish curry/ Fry
Kerala Style Kizhangu Thoran | Potato ThoranPrint This
- 1. Potato - 2 Cup - Julienned
- 2. Onion - 1 Cup - Thinly sliced
- 3. Coconut - 1/2 Cup - Grated
- 4. Green chilly - 2 Nos - Sliced
- 5. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 6. Salt
- --- For Tempering ---
- 7. Coconut oil - 2 Teaspoon
- 8. Mustard seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 9. Dry red chilly - 1 No - Cut into 2-3 pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dried red chilly and fry for few seconds.
- Mix ingredients 1 – 6 with hands and add to the tempering.
- Add some water enough to cook and cook in low flame until the water dries off.
- Sprinkle some more coconut oil before switching off the flame.
- Serve with rice.