Beetroot Thoran – A Kerala style Thoran with the colorful vegetable Beetroot. We all like the color of Beetroot but some people don’t like the taste of Beetroot though it has many health benefits.
Like green color vegetables’ Thoran, cumin seeds and garlic are not added here but the grated coconut and coconut oil give a nice taste.
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish curry/ fry + Pickle
Kerala Style Beetroot ThoranPrint This
- 1. Beetroot - 2 Cups - Chopped
- 2. Coconut - 3/4 Cup - Grated
- 3. Onion - 1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 4. Green chilly - 2 Nos - Chopped
- 5. Curry leaves - 2 Stems
- 6. Coconut oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 7. Salt - As required
- Mix all the ingredients except oil together with hand.
- Cook the mixture in a covered pan over a low flame. Stir now and then.
- When the Thoran is cooked remove the lid and cook for 2 minute till the Thoran become dry. Stir in between.
- Add coconut oil stir well for 10 seconds and switch off the flame.
- Keep the Thoran covered for 10 minutes. Serve with rice.