Beef Kizhangu Curry is a Kerala style Beef curry with Potato and spices.
- Rice + Moru curry
- Chapati/ Porotta
- 1. Beef - 500 gms - Cut into small pieces
- 2. Potato - 1 Cup - Cubed (Large one)
- 3. Onion/ shallots - 1 Cup - Thinly sliced
- 4. Ginger - 1 Tablespoon - Chopped
- 5. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 6. Green chilly - 4 Nos
- 7. Curry leaves - 2 Stems
- 8. Salt - As required
- --- Other Ingredients ---
- 9. Coconut oil - 2 Tablespoon
- 10. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 11. Ginger Garlic paste - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- 12. Red chilly powder - 1 Tablespoon
- 13. Coriander powder - 1/2 Tablespoon (Mallipodi)
- 14. Garam masala powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 15. Pepper powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 16. Tomato - Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Rub ingredients 3 – 8 with beef and potato pieces and pressure cook it. (Add half cup of water if necessary, or water from beef is enough for gravy)
- Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds. Then saute ginger garlic paste till raw smell is gone.
- Add spice powders from 12 – 15 and roast for a minute in very low flame.
- Add chopped tomato, mix with the roasted ingredients and cook till tomato is mashed well.
- Add cooked beef and potato curry to the mashed tomatoes and mix well.
- Put the lid on and cook for 5 more minutes in low flame till all the masala is combined with beef well.
- Serve hot.
- Raw banana/ Raw papaya also can be added to make beef curry, instead of potato or along with potatoes.