Cheera Thoran is a Kerala style preparation of amaranth with crushed coconut. Two types of edible amaranth are used for Kerala style Thoran prepaation, Red amaranth (Chuvanna cheera) and weed amaranth/ green amaranth (Pacha cheera).
- Rice + Chamamnthi + Cheera thoran
- Rice + Moru curry + Cheera thoran
Chuvanna Cheera Thoran | Red Amaranth ThoranPrint This
- 1. Red amaranth (chopped) - 3 Cups
- 2. Coconut (scraped) - 1/2 Cup
- 3. Green chilli - 1 Nos
- 4. Shallots - 3 Nos
- 5. Garlic - 1 Medium clove
- 6. Turmeric powder - 1/8 Teaspoon
- 7. Salt - As required
- 8. Coconut oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Crush ingredients 2 – 6 together.
- Heat a pan, add chopped amaranth, salt and crushed ingredients, mix well and cook the pan covered till done. (Stir occasionally)
- Add coconut oil, mix well and switch off the flame.