Padavalanga Thoran – It’s a simple Kerala Thoran recipe without cumin/ garlic/ turmeric powder.
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish curry
- Rice + Chammanthi + Fish fry
Vella Padavalanga Thoran | Snake Gourd ThoranPrint This
- 1. Snake gourd - 1 Cup - Cut into small pieces
- 2. Mustard seeds – ¼ Teaspoon
- 3. Dried red chilly – 1 No
- 4. Coconut - 1/2 Cup - Grated
- 5. Shallots - 1/4 Cup - Chopped
- 6. Green chilly - 2 Nos
- 7. Curry leaves - 1 Spring
- 8. Coconut oil - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 9. Salt
- Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds and roast dried red chilly.
- Mix together all ingredients except coconut oil with hands.
- Add the mix to the pan and cook in a very low flame pan closed without adding water.
- When cooked, remove the lid and drain the all moisture content fully.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve warm.
Cleaning 1. Wash and cut the edges of the snake gourd. 2. Cut into 2-3 pieces and scrape the outer ash color skin. 3. Then cut each pieces into vertical halves. 4. Remove the seeds along with the sponge fibers inside. (May get bitter taste if it’s cooked with the fibers.) 5. Cut into small pieces.