Vazhuthananga Bajji is a snack made with Brinjal deep fried in oil. Another easy snack I made in the evenings during my school days ?
Vazhuthananga Bajji | Brinjal BajjiPrint This
- 1. Black Brinjal - 2 Nos - Medium sized - Thinly sliced
- 2. Gram flour/ Besan (കടല മാവ്) - 1 Cup
- 3. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 4. Chilly powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 5. Asafoetida powder/ Hing (കായ പൊടി) - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 6. Salt - As required
- 7. Coconut oil - For deep frying
- Make a smooth batter using ingredients 2 to 6 adding required water. Batter should not be too thick or too loose.
- Drop the brinjal slices in the batter and coat with evenly with the batter.
- Fry the coated brinjal slices in hot oil flipping both sides till the slices become golden brown color.
Adding a pinch of baking soda will make the Bajji puffy.