Kerala Style ‘Vazha Koombu Thoran’ is a preparation of Banana blossom cooked with grated coconut served with rice.
- Rice + Moru Curry
- Rice + Rasam
- 1. Banana blossom - 2 Cups - Chopped (Vazha koombu)
- 2. Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 3. Green chilly - 1 No - Chopped
- 4. Curry leaves - 2 Stem
- 5. Salt - As required
- 6. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 7. Coconut - 1/2 Cup - Grated
- Mix well ingredients 1 – 6 with hand.
- Heat a pan, add the mixture and cook in very low flame about 5 minutes with lid on (Add little water if necessary).
- Stir occasionally.
- Add grated coconut, mix and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve with rice.