Semia Upumavu – A simple and quick upma preperation with Semia/ Vermicelli.
Semiya Upumavu | Vermicelli UpumaPrint This
- 1. Vermicelli - 1/2 Cup - Roasted and broken
- 2. Black gram - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 4. Peanut - 2 Tablespoon - Roasted
- 5. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 6. Ginger - 1/2 Teaspoon - Chopped
- 7. Green chilly - 1 No
- 8. Onion - 1/4 Cup - Chopped
- 9. Carrot - 2 Tablespoon - Chopped
- 10. Coconut - 1 Tablespoon - Grated
- 11. Oil - 2 Teaspoon
- 12. Salt
- 13. Water - 1 Cup
- Splutter black gram and mustard seeds.
- Add peanut and fry till it changes the color.
- Add ginger, curry leaves and green chilly and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and salt and saute until it become soft.
- Add carrot and coconut and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Add Vermicelli and stir well. Cook on a low flame pan covered.
- Switch off the flame when the water is fully absorbed and serve hot.
• The ration of semiya and water should be 1:2. • More vegetables like beans, cabbage etc can also be added. • Carrot and coconut are optional.