Lemon Rice – It’s a popular and quick South Indian rice preparation with bright yellow color.
Puli Sadam | Lemon RicePrint This
- 1. Rice - 1 Cup
- 2. Peanut - 1/4 Cup
- 3. Black gram peeled (Urud dal/ ഉഴുന്നു പരിപ്പ്) - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 4. Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 5. Red chilly - 2 Nos - Slitted
- 6. Green chilly - 2 No - Slitted
- 7. Curry leaves - 1 Spring
- 8. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 9. Hing powder (കായപ്പൊടി) - 1 Pinch
- 10. Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- 11. Salt
- 12. Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Soak the rice in water for sometime, cook, strain water and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the peanuts in a pan and keep aside.
- Heat oil and splutter black gram and then mustard seeds.
- Add red chilly, green chilly and curry leaves and fry for few seconds
- Add the roasted pea nuts and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and hing powder and saute for 10 seconds without burning.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice on the tempering, mix well and pour on the rice.
- Mix rice with the tempering and keep aside at least for 20 minutes before serving.