Paavaykka Varuthathu is a crispy side dish prepared by deep frying bitter gourd in coconut oil. It’s usually served in Kerala wedding feasts.
- 1. Bitter gourd - 2 Cup - Sliced (Pavaykka)
- 2. Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 3. Red chilly powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- 4. Green chilly - 3 Nos - Slitted
- 5. Coconut bits - 1/4 Cup
- 6. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 7. Salt - As required
- 8. Coconut oil - For deep frying
- Marinate biter gourd with ingredients 2-7.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the bitter gourd pieces till brown and crispy in medium flame.