Kozhikaalu Varuthathu – A Kerala style spicy fried chicken leg pieces (chicken drumstick).
- Chapati + Chicken gravy
Kozhikaalu Varuthathu | Chicken leg fry | Chicken drumstickPrint This
- 1. Chicken drumstick - 4 Nos
- 2. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 3. Red chilly powder - 2 Tablespoon
- 4. Pepper powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 5. Garam masala powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 6. Garlic paste - 2 Teaspoon
- 7. Green chilly - 1 No
- 8. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- 9. Vinegar - 2 Teaspoon
- 11. Coconut oil - For frying
- Make a smooth paste of ingredients 2-9 to marinate.
- Make gashes on chicken leg pieces and marinate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Deep fry in coconut oil.
• Chicken can be deep fried/ tawa fried according to the taste. • Same marinade can be used to fry other parts of chicken too but tastier when it’s deep fried.