Thenga Chammanthi is a Chutney preparation with Coconut with tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves etc. This chammanthi can be prepared with more or less water according to the Chutney consistency you want.
- Dosa/ Idly
- Uzhunnu Vada
Kerala Style Vella Thenga Chammanthi | Coconut Chutney
- 1. Coconut - 1 Cup - Grated
- 2. Shallots - 4 Nos (Chuvannulli)
- 3. Green chilly - 2 Nos
- 4. Ginger - 1 Teaspoon - Chopped
- 5. Garlic - 2 Cloves (Medium size)
- 6. Water - ½ Cup or As required
- 7. Salt - As required
- --- For tempering ---
- 8. Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 9. Mustard seeds - ¼ Teaspoon (Kaduk)
- 10. Shallots - 2 Teaspoon - Chopped (Chuvannulli)
- 11. Dried red chilly - 2 Nos
- 12. Curry leaves - 1 Stem
- Grind ingredients 1 - 7 smoothly.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add rest of the tempering ingredients and fry till shallots become light brown color.
- Switch off the flame and add the tempering to the chutney and mix well.