Mutton kidney roast contains lots of vitamins and nutrition. This is a Kerala style mutton kidney recipe spiced with lots of fresh crushed pepper and is a good combo for rice or chapati or kappa (tapioca).
- Use scissors for easy cutting and cleaning as the mutton kidney is slimy.
- Cut into medium size pieces as the mutton kidney will shrink after cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes in medium flame with pan little open as it may spill over while cooking. Or pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Clean mutton kidney with vinegar for no intense smell and taste.
- Also either mutton kidney can be cooked in excess water (to avoid strong taste and smell) and discard the water after cooking or can directly cook with onion and spices.