Chilly Chicken – Even though many people think it’s an Chinese dish, it’s an Indo-Chinese dish. But still when think of Chinese food, chilly chicken comes into mind first :). Chilly chicken can be made with boneless chicken or with chicken bones.
Chinese sauces like soya sauce, tomato sauce and chilly sauce are added to give the flavouring. Ajinomotto/ MSG can be added to make this more tastier but it’s optional.
- Fried rice
Indo Chinese Chilly Chicken RecipePrint This
- 1. Boneless Chicken - 250 gm - Cut into small pieces
- --- For marination ---
- 2. Ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
- 3. Garlic paste - 1 Teaspoon
- 4. Corn flour - 3 Tablespoon
- 5. Egg white - 1 No
- 6. Pepper powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 7. Salt
- --- For sauce ---
- 8. Light soya sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- 9. Tomato sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- 10. Chilly sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- 11. Sugar - 1 Pinch
- 12. Salt - 1 Pinch
- --- Other ingredients ---
- 13. Onion - 1 Cup - Medium cubes
- 14. Capsicum - 1 Cup - Medium cubes
- 15. Ginger - 1 Teaspoon - Finely chopped
- 16. Garlic - 1 Tablespoon - Finely chopped
- 17. Green chilly - 4 Slitted
- 18. Spring onion - 1/4 Cup - chopped
- 19. Red chilly paste - 1 Tablespoon
- 20. Corn flour - 1 Tablespoon
- 21. Chicken stock/ Water - 1 Cup
- 22. Vegetable oil - 1 1/2 Tablespoon + For frying
- Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes with ingredients 2 – 7.
- Fry the chicken and keep it aside.
- Mix ingredients 8 – 12 in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan in a high flame.
- Add green chillies, ginger, garlic and red chilly paste one by one and saute well without burning.
- Add onion then capsicum and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add the prepared sauce and mix well.
- Add chicken stock/ water and let it boil.
- Add corn flour dilutes in water and mix.
- Add fried chicken, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spring onion and mix.
- Move to a bowl soon after the preparation.