Fried rice – It’s a Chinese preparation made with steamed/ boiled rice by stir frying. Usually left over rice is used to make fried rice as the moisture content is less. Other way is using refrigerated cooked rice so it won’t be sticky and have less moisture content.
Capsicum, carrot, cabbage, mushrooms, sprouts, egg, prawns, chicken etc can be added to make the fried rice. But all of these are optional according to your taste and availability.
Celery gives the special aroma to the fried rice. So don’t avoid adding it to get the special fried rice flavour.
In this recipe I’m adding some vegetables along with the shredded chicken to make the rice more healthy. Also I’m avoiding ajinomotto/ MSG.
As it’s stir frying prepare and keep all the ingredients near to the wok while cooking. Chinese woks are best to make this preparation and toss the ingredients instead of mixing with ladle. This is a while color rice so use light soya sauce, else the rice color will be changing to light brown :).
Indo Chinese Chicken Fried RicePrint This
- 1. Chicken - 1/2 Cup - Shredded
- 2. Onion - 1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 3. Spring onion - 2 Tablespoon - Chopped
- 4. Carrot - 1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 5. Beans - 1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 6. Capsicum - 1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 7. Cabbage -1/2 Cup - Chopped
- 8. Cooked Rice - 4 Cup
- --- For preparing sauce ---
- 9. Light soya sauce - 2 Teaspoon
- 10. Rice vinegar - 2 Teaspoon
- 11. Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- 12. Salt
- --- Other ingredients ---
- 13. Garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- 14. Celery - 2 Tablespoon - Chopped
- 15. Egg - 1 No
- 16. Vegetable oil - 3 Tablespoon
- Make the sauce by mixing ingredients from 9 – 12.
- Heat oil in a wok in medium – high flame.
- Add garlic and saute well.
- Add onions, carrots, beans, chicken, cabbage, capsicum and spring onion one by one and saute well while adding each item.
- Make some space in the middle of the wok by keeping the vegetables aside. Add the whisked egg and cook it.
- Add the prepared sauce and mix well.
- Add thawed rice and mix.
- Add celery, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.