Mutton kidney roast contains lots of vitamins and nutrition. This is a Kerala style mutton kidney recipe spiced with lots of fresh crushed pepper and is a good combo for rice or chapati or kappa (tapioca).
- Use scissors for easy cutting and cleaning as the mutton kidney is slimy.
- Cut into medium size pieces as the mutton kidney will shrink after cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes in medium flame with pan little open as it may spill over while cooking. Or pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Clean mutton kidney with vinegar for no intense smell and taste.
- Also either mutton kidney can be cooked in excess water (to avoid strong taste and smell) and discard the water after cooking or can directly cook with onion and spices.
Kerala style mutton kidney roast | Gurda roast | Offal recipePrint This
- 1. Mutton kidney - 250 gms - Cut into 4
- 2. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- 3. Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
- 4. Shallots - 1/2 cup chopped
- 5. Crushed ginger and garlic - 1.5 tablespoon
- 6. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- 7. Salt - As required
- 8. Red chilli powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 9. Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- 10. Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- 11. Pepper powder - 1/2 - 3/4 tablespoon
- Wash and clean mutton kidney. Remove white color parts and cut into medium size piece.
- Add turmeric powder and extra water to cook the mutton kidney.
- Once cooked strain the water.
- Heat a pan and add coconut oil.
- Add chopped shallots.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add salt.
- Saute till light brown color.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Saute in low flame for sometime.
- Add cooked mutton kidney. Combine well.
- Add little hot water and mix well.
- Add little coconut oil and saute for sometime.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.