We can make Kerala style fish curry in many ways, with or without coconut. This is a bright red color, tangy restaurant style fish curry made with coconut milk. We can use finely ground coconut paste also for this fish curry.
I’ve already shared many recipes in this blog with and without coconut.
- Either use finely ground coconut paste (Grind coconut with 2 1/2 to 3 cups water) or coconut milk. To make the coconut milk – Grind the coconut with 2 1/2 to 3 cups of water and squeeze out the coconut milk. No need to separate first and second extract of coconut milk. Such way, coconut milk won’t split while making the fish curry.
- Make this fish curry in the evening, keep overnight and serve next day.
- This curry can be keep outside for 2 days if handled properly like boil the curry in the morning and the evening and kept in a hygienic place without using wet spoons (if made in a clay pot).
- The fish curry gravy will be thickening over time.
- Use some pieces of tomato if you wish while making this fish curry.
- We are not using ginger and garlic in this recipe, still you can experiment by adding chopped ginger and/ or garlic.
- Clay pots are the best to make this fish curry.
- You can choose any type of fish to make this curry like Tuna, Mackerel, King fish, Salmon, Cobia, River fishes etc.
- Boiled Cassava (Kappa Vevichathu)